Discovery FCU is Hiring
ASSET RECOVERY SPECIALIST
Discovery FCU is seeking a results-oriented, motivated individual with excellent time-management and communication skills to serve our members and the credit union as an Asset Recovery Specialist.
Responsible for the control of late and/or delinquent loan accounts and pending late payment reminders. Make follow-up contacts on delinquent loan accounts and maintain accurate records on delinquent loan accounts. Optimize collections on accounts while balancing the goodwill of members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor payments for late and/or delinquent status. Follow-up on delinquent, high balance and overdue credit balance accounts using various methods of communication utilizing a high standard of professionalism and empathy.
- Contact high balance and/or delinquent members using various methods of communication to determine the reasons for balance or delinquency, and assist them in developing plans to bring accounts to a current status. Develop workout plans and collect on overdue accounts wherever possible.
- Secure credit bureau reports, skip trace loan accounts, maintain accurate data for repossessions, bankruptcies, charge-offs, etc.
- Research payroll deductions, stops, starts and changes as they may affect the status of a loan repayment.
- Assist members with delinquent real estate loans to resolve delinquency.
- Determine when to compromise and settle balances, and when to initiate foreclosure and repossession proceedings.
- Determine when the loan collateral should be repossessed, and serve as liaison with attorneys or agencies in handling the repossession of collateral.
- File all claims, attend hearings, and coordinate with trustees for all bankruptcy filings.
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in loan applications and credit bureau reports.
- Prepare the monthly report to the Board of Directors on delinquent loans and proposed charge-offs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s degree in accounting/business administrations/finance or related experience.
- At least two years prior financial institution experience, preferably with a credit union.
- Advanced computer and communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Include ‘Asset Recovery Specialist Opportunity’ in the subject line. Fax to 610.372.8105 or mail to:
Discovery Federal Credit Union
2744 Century Blvd.
Wyomissing, PA 19610
Discovery FCU is an equal opportunity employer.