GreenPath Financial Wellness
Your Path to a Bright Financial Future Begins Here!
Discovery Federal Credit Union members have access to free money management and financial education services through our partnership with GreenPath Financial Wellness. Through comprehensive education and exceptional service, GreenPath has been assisting individuals for more than 50 years.
As a member of Discovery, you can receive assistance with:
- Personal and family budgeting
- Understanding your personal credit report and how to improve your score
- Personal money management
- Debt repayment (fees may apply)
- Avoiding bankruptcy, foreclosure and repossession
GreenPath can give personalized answers to your individual needs. For issues ranging from a proactive savings plan, to saving a home from foreclosure, advice is only a phone call away.
To use this service, simply call 1-877-337-3399. Certified GreenPath counselors are available Mondays through Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (EST), Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Online Education & Tools Available to Members
This easy to use software tool uses simple graphics, pop-up boxes, and bar charts to help you manage your money more effectively. You can use the program to:
- Establish a budget
- Track spending
- View tips for improving areas of overspending or inadequate savings
- Experiment with ‘what if’ scenarios to determine how a major purchase or change in income would impact your budget
A web-based, checking account management, and education module designed to teach you how to manage a checking account. Use CheckRight if:
- You are looking to open a checking account for the first time
- You have had difficulty handling an account in the past
CheckRight will help you learn how to:
- Open an account
- Write checks
- Make deposits
- Maintain a check register
- Reconcile an account
- Create a spending plan
CheckRight is a self-study program that allows you to learn at your own pace.
An online resource dedicated to helping you make smart financial decisions. The website features articles written by GreenPath contributors on a wide variety of topics. It also contains tools such as:
- Financial Calculators – helpful if you’re planning a purchase or comparing payment strategies
- eLearning – a fun and entertaining way to get helpful information
- Videos – a variety of content provided in easy-to understand formats
- Webinars – GreenPath education pros present on topics such as building good credit, saving money, buying a car, managing debt, buying a home and protecting your identity.
GreenPath Learning Lab
Learning Lab is an innovative way for you to learn the basics of personal finance, learn how to improve your credit score and more through online courses. Courses will continue to be added to the Learning Lab, so check this site often.